[thelist] PHP_SELF / Contact Form

DAVOUD TOHIDY dtohidy at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 29 11:46:13 CDT 2010

> Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:08:18 -0500
> From: codeacula at codeacula.com
> To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
> Subject: Re: [thelist] PHP_SELF / Contact Form

> You need to first echo the variable.
>
> Second, you need to look the live HTML and see what the action is. If
> it's valid, it could be a number of things. If it isn't valid, then
> fix your form up.

@ Barney: I have developed the form myself using different tuts. I have inserted all the code that I already provided within mycontact.php

// index.php
// mypages/mycontact.php

@ Jeremy and Jack

I did echo but it does not work ( <form name="contactForm" id="contactForm" action="&lt;?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']?&gt;" method="get"> )
sorry I will use that service to highlight the code later. Furthermore I have a file on the same level as index.php and it includes  $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] and I have not echoed it works just fine.

I checked the validation but that is fine.

I came across the following page: http://www.dmcinsights.com/phorum/read.php?9,29404,29422

do you think it is a server issue? I am running on Linux.

thanks