[thelist] PHP_SELF / Contact Form

DAVOUD TOHIDY dtohidy at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 29 14:33:13 CDT 2010

> From: nan at nanharbison.com
> To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
> Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 15:06:33 -0400
> Subject: Re: [thelist] PHP_SELF / Contact Form
>
> After years of creating forms on websites, I found out that if the action is
> just staying on the same page, you can actually leave off the:
> action="<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?>
> and just have:
> <form name="mycontactForm"  method="get" >
>

> Who knew?
> Nan

from what i see i should say you are correct Nan. However it does again runs the index.php file not contact.php

The issue is that I am inserting the contact.php inside index.php while the action inside the contact.php
is $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];  this makes the index.php to run instead of contact.php and as i mentioned inserting contact.php
instead of  $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; only outputs content of contact.php instead of processing it.