[thelist] the expense of handling video uploads

Jack Timmons codeacula at codeacula.com
Sun Oct 10 10:31:45 CDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Bob Meetin <bobm at dottedi.biz> wrote:
> The social component we're using comes with a video conversion function.  By
> as-is, do you mean upload only, no processing?

Indeed.

Either way, it's likely going to take up a lot of space. If you're
going to process them to a standard format (like YouTube), you might
be able to help minimize the space.

I would suggest a cap to test the service. Let them know about it.
Since it's (I assume) a pilot program, they'll (hopefully) understand.
Use this time to examine the impact on space, latency, etc, so you can
get a better idea of what you'll need.

Or am I living in a fantasy world again?

--
Jack Timmons
@_Codeacula