[thelist] responsiveness from "the coffee shop"

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Fri Oct 22 14:28:08 CDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Bob Meetin <bobm at dottedi.biz> wrote:

> How do you address/manage/discuss website responsiveness issues when the
> complaints are coming from testing at a coffee shop or similar variable?

if someone complains while using a non-verifiable connection, simply suggest
they use a verifiable connection. don't get sucked into trying to please
them when you can't possibly know if you'll ever solve the problem.

had a whole building full of engineers who thought they could run Windows
like Linux. they'd call 'cause they couldn't print, they couldn't do this
that and the other thing. we'd say "reboot" and they'd fuss and we'd let
them know that until they'd take the first troubleshooting step, we wouldn't
take the second step.

after while, they'd call and say "I rebooted and I'm still having this
problem" and we'd jump right on it.

joel