[thelist] <s>Spam</s> Marketing Email Return

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Sun Oct 24 11:27:56 CDT 2010

Matt Warden wrote:
> So I have matured my understanding of spam. Spam is not unsolicited
> email. Spam is unsolicited email that I don't want.

==>> Not only that I don't want but it commonly takes a form letter
approach, form letter formatting, is typically but not always impersonal
in nature as in:

Hi, or Hello, Dear Sir, Madam...

I have recently visited your site, YOURSITE...  We are a major XYZ firm
from Mars employing ...

- AND - they are typically (99.9%) caught by my SPAM filtering service.
I only see them in the nightly spam report along with the occasional
personal and health spam that we all are accustomed to. Every now/then I
take a couple of these unsolicited SPAM messages and dump them verbatim
into a category called spam in my blog.   Sorry, but I don't have
patience nor compassion for spammers and/or scams.