[thelist] User-linked content

Barney Carroll barney.carroll at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 05:26:05 CST 2010

Hi folks,

I'm in the discovery phase of the renovation of a client's large
crowd-driven site. They're moving from simple share-this and comment-on-that
functionality to offer deeper, more casual and less free-form user activity.

A key desired feature is the ability for users to link disparate content
items — such that on any given page, rather than just get a text input,
users would have some kind of module that would allow them to identify other
pages/articles on the site that are related.

Has anybody seen anything similar? I've seen plenty of content-linking
inferred from user behaviour, ie people who bought this also bought these,
people reading this found this page useful, but nothing that demands
specific user interaction or that is so specific in the content
relationships…

Regards,
Barney Carroll

barney.carroll at gmail.com