[thelist] Javascript Frameworks

Simon MacDonald simonmacdonald at uk2.net
Fri Nov 19 05:26:22 CST 2010

Hi All,

I started using Prototype, but then came across Mootools which I have been
using for a while with reasonable success. I now use Wordpress to build
sites and JQuery comes 'bundled' with it - also many plugins use it.

I'm wondering whether I should change my allegiance to JQuery (which I have
not used yet) as it would save loading an additional framework. JQuery seems
to have some good press when I have Googled it.

Anyone had any experience of using JQuery vs Mootools - do you have any
views about which Javascript Framework is the best, or if you have a
preferred one.

cheers

Simon MacDonald