[thelist] Javascript Frameworks

Simon MacDonald simonmacdonald at uk2.net
Fri Nov 19 06:03:20 CST 2010

I came across this commentary - http://jqueryvsmootools.com/ - which is
reasonably even handed - despite being written by one of the main MT
authors. It delves into the philosophy and structures of both MT and jQ.
Largely jQ is easier to start off using for less experienced programmers,
but MT is more of a programmers language, harder to start with, but
differently structured (he thinks better) and more extensive.

I've spent some time getting to grips with MT, but I wouldn't say I'm fully
conversant with it. So I guess I've come to a decision point - do I invest
significant more effort into REALLY learning MT or would I be better using
jQ with WordPress.

Obviously my decision, but I'm interested in other experiences of practical
use of them both, particularly with Wordpress

Cheers

Simon