[thelist] Javascript Frameworks

Chris Dorer cdorer at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 07:46:53 CST 2010

I use jQuery mostly, along the way I found that other Frameworks were built
specifics in mind.

I had a strict allegiance to jQuery until I had to develop for a contract
that wanted to develop using only Zend Framework and Dojo, b/c Zend
automatically uses Dojo (Zend picked Dojo due to both set of licenses being
similar)

I hated Dojo early on, because it wasn't as intuitive as jQuery and many
folks have craptons of addons for jQuery as opposed to Dojo.

What I found with Dojo over jQuery, was its slick framework towards making
forms easier to deal with and client side data storage mechanisms fantastic
to use, it was already built for me, instead of me looking for addons.

That's just me though.  I'm not sold on any framework like I used to be,
because what's promised in each is almost similar in functionality, I find I
want to use what will be the best feature that a particular framework was
developed for.  Though I would never use more than two frameworks in a given
project to keep things minimally confusing.

You may find that using a combination of MooTools and jQuery may serve you
best according to the needs you want and in the time you must deliver.  Or
just stick with what you know best and that will serve you well.

--
The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power -- William
Shakespeare