[thelist] div-based layout alignment

Greg Holmes greg.holmes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 11:50:25 CST 2011

Could anyone enlighten me as to why I can't get the pieces of this
layout to line up?

http://www.magazineline.com/magazineline/test1.htm

The long story - to get jquery ui dialog to work right in IE, I had to
change the doctype on the affected page (where I wanted to use jquery
ui dialog).

But *that* messed up the topbar layout. So then I tried making a
stripped-down page with only the topbar present, for troubleshooting.
No amount of tweaking seemed to help. Then I even tried redoing the
whole topbar, from its old table layout tag soup form to a new
div-based layout, and it *still* has essentially the same layout
problem. It seems to be something to do with the search form area, but
I haven't been able to pin it down.

I'd appreciate any help you could provide :)

Greg Holmes