[thelist] Teach Old Programmer New Tricks

T. R. Valentine trvalentine at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 19:20:44 CST 2011

On 27 January 2011 15:21, Fred Jones <fredthejonester at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a friend (yes, surprising, I know, but wait it gets better) who
> used to be a programmer and "systems analyst" (whatever that is/was)
> and says he worked in Cobol, PS1 and ADSL

It may surprise some people, but there is still a lot of COBOL code
still in use. Just a week ago, this story came out:
http://www.readwriteweb.com/enterprise/2011/01/cobols-not-dead-in-the-enterprise.php

Your friend might do best finding a place that still uses COBOL -- no
learning curve necessary.

--
T. R. Valentine
Your friends will argue with you. Your enemies don't care.