[thelist] responsiveness from "the coffee shop"]

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Fri Feb 4 09:17:19 CST 2011

Good morning all,

After nary a complaint for over a month, the last three mornings she has
reported problems from the same coffee shop, all between 7am-8am MT.
Yesterday I sent her the paraphrased instructions Mohan sent.  She's on
a MAC now rather than a PC, so we're not clear on the  flushdns step 2.

1) Can anyone advise how to do flush dns on a MAC?
2) Depending on the result, positive or negative, would this still
indicate a problem with the coffee shop's internet provider or other?

-Bob

I couldn't get on again this morning.

The coral thing did work.
Tried to find out how to flush the DNS with my mac but couldn't.  Ran
the ping and got this

Ping has started…

PING dottedi.biz (174.121.22.85): 56 data bytes
Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
Request timeout for icmp_seq 1
Request timeout for icmp_seq 2
Request timeout for icmp_seq 3
Request timeout for icmp_seq 4
Request timeout for icmp_seq 5
Request timeout for icmp_seq 6
Request timeout for icmp_seq 7
Request timeout for icmp_seq 8

--- dottedi.biz ping statistics ---
10 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss