[thelist] Using Flash on a website

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Tue Mar 22 10:12:19 CDT 2011

For a long time, I have tried to steer clients away from having all or a lot
of flash on their websites. I redid a site that was ALL in Flash, so no
content was visible to search engines (I think).

Now the iPhone and Droid come along, and neither displays Flash, so if a
website says something important on a webpage, you are just a SOL if you
need that content. Perhaps you are a restaurant and your clients are looking
for your address to plug into their GPS.

Am I missing something, or is this correct? Will iPhone and Droid eventually
be able to display Flash files? Has anyone else been mulling over this
issue?

Nan