[thelist] Firefox, CMS, and latency

Mohan Arun 437341 at gmail.com
Sat May 21 22:23:57 CDT 2011

>I wonder if anyone else ever experiences this.  I am running Firefox,
v3.6.17, on Linux. I >have WebDeveloper, Firebug and ySlow installed.  Every
now/then I run into latency >problems with my CMS (especially) websites.
 When I start Firefox it is fine.  Then after a >while it starts to slow
down, to almost crawl, and I run into severe latency.  Moving, placing >the
cursor, then typing all experience delays.

The places.sqlite file in the firefox profile folder may have become large
and fragmented.
Run CCleaner (free download from ccleaner.com) -in the "Applications" tab
under "Firefox" select the option to "Compact databases" and run a full
clean session with CCleaner.

- Mohan