[thelist] Best Linux install for home development server?

Simon MacDonald simonmacdonald at uk2.net
Wed Sep 14 14:13:43 CDT 2011

My target environment is Wordpress - so I can do it on Win or linux. I guess
the big issue is my laptop is full and I want to purge it ... and I want to
get back into linux. My laptop doesn't really feel up to running virtual
environments, so I want to slim down the laptop and put some of the other
stuff onto a cheapish ( compared to a laptop) server to run some of the apps
that run in background on my laptop and free up some space and capacity.

Simon