[thelist] Best Linux install for home development server?

Matthew Pulis mpulis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 05:18:29 CDT 2011

i would set up like this :

desktop (make sure few fans and more heat sinks) - motherboard / cpu around
2ghz - dual core / 2/4gb ram / 500gb hdd [or whatever]

set up ubuntu server on it [if you wish u can put xfce on it as a ui]

set up the lamp environment of your choice - you might also want to put
virtualbox too for other os's [if u wish]

base ur heat dissipation on heatsinks .. desktop fans are not really super
good for long term on.

Matthew Pulis BSc. (Business and Computing) MSc. (Informatics)
web:   www.matthewpulis.info
mob:   +44 7866535953  / +356 79539404