[thelist] User link following strategies

Phil Turmel philip at turmel.org
Sat Sep 17 09:36:13 CDT 2011

Hi John,

On 09/17/2011 08:38 AM, John Allsopp wrote:
[...]
> In order to manage that, I'm in the habit of printing out each page,
> reading it and crossing off the links I've followed, and implementing the
> advice as I go.

I keep a Firefox bookmark folder as a "future reading" list.  When I encounter branching links I don't want to follow right away, I bookmark the link without opening it.  Firefox puts new bookmarks at the end of the folder, so I naturally review them in the order I encountered them.

When I have a nice chunk of time to play catch-up, I open the whole folder of bookmarks in tabs.  When I'm done, the bookmarks either get pruned or placed in a permanent resource folder.

HTH,

Phil