[thelist] PHP / smarty

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Sun Oct 9 13:31:04 CDT 2011

I'm after a simple solution, not something complex.  Before emailing the question to the list I did some googling and found something like:

$prod = $this->get_template_vars('product');

Not being very good with arrays I wasn't sure whether this was the right path or if it was, how to extract the ID part.  So this gave me a clue and then I guessed.

//$prod = $this->getTemplateVars('product');  // This was erring out maybe due to the way it is installed

$prod = $this->get_template_vars('product');
$product_id = ($prod[0]);
echo "Product ID: $product_id<br>";

This now works perfectly.  But silly me, I was also overlooking the obvious, the page URL was outputting an ID in the string ( &id=4 ).  So 2 solutions for the price of one, let's market that concept.

Thx, Bob

--
Bob Meetin
dotted i - http://www.dottedi.biz