[thelist] Bogus web marketing company - can they have your website deleted from search engines?

joshua earl joshua.earl at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 19:15:30 CDT 2011

I would have thought that it wouldnt be too hard for them to extort money in
this way. For anyone who is not prepared to pay they could utilise some
hamfisted dodgy SEO on the target domain certain to be picked up by Google,
resulting in a blacklisting. It would then be up to the business owner to
attempt to prove to Google that they weren't attempting to circumvent
google's search ranking algos - I think that it would be difficult to prove.