[thelist] [css-d] IE 6 news implications

Will willthemoor at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 15:00:20 CST 2011

I just ended 5 years at an agency similar to the one Barry described and we did almost the exact same thing. 1.5x for ie6 (also varied in complexity) and 1.5 time-to-completion for front end work. We also did whatever we could to get access to their existing analytics to help them make a good decision. Just because employees of an org are tied to ie6 doesn't mean their customers are. For the last year or so, most clients are happy to have a degraded experience for ie6 in the case of public facing websites.