[thelist] mobile paypal buttons

Renoir Boulanger renoirb at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 09:20:39 CDT 2012

As I see it for the PayPal page. Its definately not a mobile friendly version.

As I looked at your site I realized something that you may not be aware.

Nowadays there is a new trend to do a "mobile friendly" version that fills the need of these problems:
- Supporting a numerous list of hardware/browser/os mobile platforms
- Creating different HTML/CSS

We had enough of this with IE/Mozilla. didn't we?

A better approach has been coined by a guy called Ethan Marcotte and it's called "Responsive design".

As an example you can see some sites and libraries using predefined patterns that gives an already solid base doing this.

I actually did this for a few sites

My recommendation:
- Have a look on the books from A List Apart: Responsive Design,  and an other one called "Mobile first"
- Have a look on Twitter Bootstrap. It's the best imementation I found (there is also Skeleton, and Foundation libraries that fills)
- Look at Media Queries in the w3 specification. Its the cornersone of all this

Cheers.

--
Renoir Boulanger
http://renoirboulanger.com/