[thelist] history of websites shut down by govt?

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Tue May 15 07:45:11 CDT 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 3:32 AM, Bob Meetin <bobm at dottedi.biz> wrote:
> I have a client potential who is putting together a website that
> teaches/educates students on Medical Marijuana

> The client is considering where the use servers overseas to protect
> themselves from the website being taken down similar to Anonymous, and also
> to protect user information from anyone wanting to identify users/patients.

Apparently it didn't help MegaUpload to have their servers outside
the US :-( but I would consult an attorney on this.

In any case -- "High Times" has been publishing a print magazine
about marijuana since 1974 and has an online presence; take a look
at their legal disclaimer.

Data only, not advice - in today's politico-regulatory climate, everything
seems to be a bit of a crap shoot. And the rules could change at any
time. (Maybe the site should include a section about using Tor and/or
other privacy practices.)

Hey, the NSA already knows if you've been bad or good, so... :-)

FWIW,
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan