[thelist] Trying to find templating engine library of markup generating schema.org/RDFa content

Renoir B. renoirb at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 08:41:02 CDT 2012

Hello All

I am currently working on a project that I am going to publish on github.

It's roughly a library of templating engine macros and blocks to send
collections of data (similar to a JSON format) and it builds the HTML
favouring HTML+RDFa with abstraction of the CSS schema for implementation
using this "framework of things".

My question is mostly if any of you guys had been aware of already made
such libraries.

*
*
*What I am working on:*

The main idea is to be able to exchange content, take from external source,
cache in a "serialized" but text only (readable) way, then generate the
html in the shema you want.

Three layers:

   1. Extracting from a CMS storage  e.g. a Drupal database to JSON
   2. Aggregating from somewhere else (XML, JSON, etc) and generate a text
   based format, for example, using the Markdown format with a JSON metadata
   file
   3. Reading the cached version to generate the HTML, using
   Schema.org/RDFa+HTML5.  Leaving the CSS pattern set out of the equation,
   but "injectable", to be free to use the one you want.

*
*

*Where I am at:*
*
*
My current implementation is made in
Twig<http://twig.sensiolabs.org/doc/templates.html> using
Symfony2/Doctrine2 with a WordPress database.

For the moment I have my site
*beta*.renoirboulanger.com/<http://beta.renoirboulanger.com/> (not
stable yet) which implements partly the first and the third part, you can
see the code of the first part in this github repo
branch<https://github.com/renoirb/PSSBlogBundle/tree/develop>
.

So far, for the third part, I have only a few patterns using *
schema.org/BlogPosting* and *schema.org/UserComments *and I am abstracting
the css vocabulary out of it and making sure the templating library is as
DRY as possible.

When I will have more than an incomplete BlogPosting+UserComments macros I
will open the project on github.

*Your input*

As I said, I am mostly wondering if you have knowledge of any such
implementation of set of macros that represents html in micro formats, be
it in Python Django templating language, Mustach, Hogan, or anything.

Thanks!

*Renoir Boulanger*
Frontend developer &
Software designer