[thelist] html/css centering problem for ya

John Allsopp john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Tue Aug 14 11:09:49 CDT 2012

That looks beautiful Audrey, and I would be able to find the centre of
the menu text except that it's dynamically arranged in popularity order,
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.

So 1 2 3 O 4 5 6 is great

But with a small width it would end up

1 2 O 4 5
  3         6

wouldn't it?

Where ideally, I think the user would read the menu like

1 2 O 3 4
   5       6

so that's what I really want.

So in order to get the middle, I'd have to know the width, the font size
and the rest and that all feels very wrong.

But maybe it's the best solution (it's good, and I very thank you for
it) .. we'll see.

Cheers