[thelist] PHP sessions with cookies turned off

Lycosa Sales sales at lycosa.co.uk
Tue Aug 21 18:12:06 CDT 2012

I'm struggling to get this working, any help would be appreciated. (Windows
server running Plesk and PHP).

I am testing a cookie script for compliance with cookies & javascript turned
off, so I'm using server side checking for cookie availability.

I need to use PHP's session.use_trans_sid when $_COOKIE is unavailable.

The following should work, but it fails to pass the session variable in the
URL, so the session fails. The cookie check does work, but the ini_set does
not.

if (!$_COOKIE || $isset($_COOKIE) || count($_COOKIE) < 1) ini_set (
'session.use_trans_sid', 1);

Thanks,
Phil Parker