[thelist] One website for an author or separate website for a book?

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Wed Aug 29 17:32:38 CDT 2012

Hi All,

I am working on a website for an author, lifebeyonddeath.net, his book will
be published in the fall. Someone suggested to him that the book should have
a website. I disagree with that. What happens when he writes more books? He
has a separate site for each book? That would certainly mean some duplicate
content that the search engines would see, as well as just being too spread
out. Most authors have one site for all the books they have written.

This site is getting 300-400 hits per day, so why make people find a new
site?

Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

TIA

Nan