[thelist] Google (or other) Maps

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Fri Oct 26 09:25:44 CDT 2012

Thx Jay,

Meaning that you were able to do something similar to what I'm describing with Google Maps?  I understand that you can manually set up a map using the service and their plot many locations function, http://maps.google.com/help/maps/getmaps/plot-multi.html. However, what I need to do is manage the locations automatically through a table on the hosting server which maintains city or country names, coordinates, etc. Each hotspot will include a link to a profile.  So I would have to write to the maps file that is maintained on the local host.

I found this link https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorial. What is YMMV?

Anyway, you are confirming that the X/Y coordinates are required.

-B