[thelist] subdomains, redirects, and SEO

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 22:13:10 CST 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Garth Hagerman <hagerman at mcn.org> wrote:

> Thanks, Hassan. Yes, the site's on an Apache server. I've been Googling
> around, trying to figure out how to  implement a rewrite rule. It's not
> something I've done before. Should I make a folder for each store's
> subdomain and put the rewrite in a .htaccess file in that folder?

I would think it would be easier to manage by putting this into the
main httpd.conf (or whatever) file, again assuming it's a dedicated
system you control.

There should be plenty of tips and tutorials out there for creating
rewrite rules; for most use cases it's pretty straightforward.

Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan