[thelist] allowing annotations on a website

Lee Kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 22 10:15:01 CDT 2013

On 22 April 2013 15:09, Joel Canfield <joel at spinhead.com> wrote:
> I'd like to make my books available as websites/pages, not just ereaders
> and print.
>
> Is there a method to allow a reader to annotate a website, as you'd mark up
> a print book or highlight/annotate on an ereader, without requiring the
> visitor to install software beyond the browser they're already using? I'm
> okay with requiring a particular browser, but I'd prefer the least invasive
> method possible.

http://markup.io/ uses bookmarks instead of downloading a browser
plug-in, so I guess you could just embed the bookmarks into your own
page or include the toolbar as the page loads/user clicks a button
instead of having the user install the bookmarks to their browser
favourites first, I guess you want the visitor to send you their
annotation though too?

--
Lee
www.webdeavour.co.uk