[thelist] FTP user and Joomla

Dan Parry dan at shaded.plus.com
Wed Aug 14 16:10:49 CDT 2013

Hi Bob and Renoir

The permissions appear to be fine (0755 for folders, 0644 for files and 0444 for configuration.php). I've uploaded some files using the Media Manager and Extension Manager and they appear to work fine (folders are created, files are written, permissions are correct), but the Update just won't have it

I'm still looking around but haven't found anything yet

Thanks to you both for the information, very helpful. I'm going to check the user Apache is running under per Renior's suggestion as I suspect it's maybe something I've misconfigured there (or something. I think)

Thanks!

Dan