[thelist] grabbing an image from search

John Allsopp john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sat Sep 14 18:44:18 CDT 2013

On 14/09/13 22:55, Steven Streight wrote:
> Why are you attempting to provide this? A person types "apple" into
> your website, and a random image of an apple, a different one each
> time, appears?
>
> What could be the possible point? It gives one image. But the person
> could go to Google Search and look for "apple" image and get a lot to
> choose from, which the person can then pick.
>
> Who's to say that one random apple image will be any good? Will be
> appropriate for the searcher's intent?
That's just an example of what I want to do technically, it doesn't
actually describe my application. For my application, the randomness is
a bit of a plus.

John Allsopp, Online marketing, web development & social media
Learn Twitter marketing for the smaller enterprise: http://www.surgemarketing.co.uk/twitterForTheSmallEnterprise.php
http://www.surgemarketing.co.uk
http://www.johnallsopp.co.uk
http://www.amilliontweaks.co.uk