[thelist] EVOLT15

Tara Cleveland tara at taracleveland.com
Mon Nov 18 05:29:17 CST 2013

Holy Shizzle My Bizzle!

I can't believe it's been that long. Some of my best friends in the world
are people I've met through evolt.org. Sigh. I miss chatting all day on IRC
- I think some days it was the only thing that kept me going "to work" at
my "office" in my house (a shelf in the living room).  I remember watching
feeds of people pulling down that statue of Saddam, I remember watching the
giant Stop the War march in London and thinking of how many of you were in
it. How welcoming Mike King was when I dropped on his doorstep to stay a
few days back in 2005. I remember meeting my lovely goddaughter (Martin and
Lucy's daughter!) for the first time and looking into her huge and
beautiful eyes. I lived with GC for awhile in Oxford - he was a lovely
housemate - even if I did freak him out with my copious amounts of knitting
wool. That crazy wedding in Edinburgh with all the evolt peeps and no
sleep! John's 40th birthday in Cork a couple of years ago was awesome.
Sigh. Funnily enough none of it is web related. It's all about the people.
 I'll have to make an evolt cube cake - who is coming for the birthday
party?

Tara