[thelist] Trouble with PHP Include

Santilal Parbhu santilal at scorpioneng.co.nz
Fri Feb 14 21:59:41 CST 2014

Hi

I am having all sorts of trouble with a PHP include.  I have previously had
this script working on a hosted server, but for some reason I can't get it
to work on my Windows XAMPP server.  I have a script with the following:

      if($selectedsport == alexbasketball){

session_start();

$_SESSION['TESTPOINT'] = "???";

include "../../functions/commonparameters.php";

include "../../functions/alexbasketballparameters.php";

$_SESSION['TESTPOINT'] = "No";

$_SESSION['clubdraws'] = "viewdraw2.php";

header ('Location: ../centralotagogroup/noticeboard.php');

                         }

The $_SESSION['TESTPOINT'] = "???"; is just to check if the code is being
executed, and I can confirm that it is.  Neither of the called scripts
appears to run.  I suspect the reason is the same for both of them.  So I
tried to run some tests on one of them.

The called script (commonparameters.php) is

<?php

//This is where the common parameters are set.

//History

//07/01/09 - File created.

//

//

//The following parameters are for web.

print

session_register("clubresults");

$clubresults = "pointstable.php";

$_SESSION['clubdraws'] = "viewdraw2.php";

#session_register("clubdraws");

#$clubdraws = "viewdraw2.php";

session_register("clublogin");

$clublogin = "../../login_files/login.php";

$_SESSION['TESTPOINT'] = "YES";

?>

Again I am looking for $_SESSION['TESTPOINT'] to change to yes, and I can
confirm that it is not changing.

The calling script is at htdocs\gameon\regions\selectsport.php and the
called script is at htdocs\gameon\functions\commonparameters.php.  By
observing the variable $_SESSION['TESTPOINT'] I can see that the calling
script is running, but it appears that the called script is not running.  I
thought I had the path correct, but I can't see why else the called script
does not run.  I hope I have given enough information.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Santilal

Santilal Parbhu