[thelist] PHP Mail() function

Santilal Parbhu santilal at scorpioneng.co.nz
Fri May 30 00:15:05 CDT 2014

Hi

I am using the PHP mail() function to send emails from a hosted server.
Typically values are read from a mysql table and put into an email when
requested by a user.  Periodically some users have reported that the email
doesn't get sent.  I have investigated and could not find any reason.  The
host provider also could not help.  Just today I was changing the formatting
of the email message.  To test the formatting I sent test emails to myself.
After about an hour or so, the emails just stopped.  This was not related to
any code change because I was only changing the structure of the body of the
message.  The thought then occurred to me that perhaps there is a server
setting that limits how many emails can be sent in a certain period of time.
Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks.

Santilal