[thelist] curious failure of responsive menu on iPad

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Tue Oct 28 11:40:41 CDT 2014

I downloaded a responsive menu: http://cssmenumaker.com/menu/responsive-flat-menu

It looks good enough off the shelf but when trying to get it to work I see some flaky behavior on my iPad gen 1. It works flawlessly on my ASUS mobile devices.

Off the shelf you get a css file, jquery and simple demo with the menu but no other text.  After some serious head-scratching when attempting to use it I found that as I add simple text, as soon as there is enough to fill the viewport (portrait mode) the menu goes flaky.

The bug - You click on the MENU icon to expand the menu and it opens fine, usually, the first time. You close it, then attempt to open again - sometimes it expands fine, sometimes it flashes and fails. The pattern is inconsistency.

Here are links to 3 samples:

www.dottedi.us/test/test1.html - minimal content, always works
www.dottedi.us/test/test2.html - medium content
www.dottedi.us/test/test3.html - much more than the viewport

Is this a bug with the menu, ipad gen 1, css, jquery? SuggestionS?

Thx, Bob