[thelist] usernames and other contact info in local languages

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 09:57:45 CST 2015

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 7:34 AM, Bob Meetin <bobm at dottedi.biz> wrote:

> Regardless of language selected since my keyboard is not configured my
> entries are in English. I'm wondering what this is going to look like and
> how it will work in a very different foreign language.

If you have your DB configured to use UTF-8 encoding throughout
(and your web server too) then it should "just work".  :-)

Regardless of what your personal system is configured for, it should
be easy enough to test enter some French, Russian, Thai, etc. text
and confirm it's stored correctly.

Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan