[DesDev] Design contest

Tara Cleveland evolt at taracleveland.com
Thu May 11 11:10:52 CDT 2006

Hi all,

According to Martin, we here in desdev are supposed to discuss the
two designs that have been submitted and make recommendations to
theforum. Please, let's not have this take years and years of going
back and forth!

http://www.taracleveland.com/evolt/HTML

and

http://weo.easyweb.co.uk

According to the contest guidelines we're supposed to be looking at
the following:

Judging Criteria

     * Strength of IA
     * Beauty of design
     * Showcases the best in current web dev practise
     * Degree of accessibility
     * Effectiveness in degrading to older browsers
     * Ease of implementation to www.evolt.org (primary) and other
fine evolt sites (secondary).

Given that one of the designs is mine, I'm not going to comment,
except to answer questions. I'm guessing that a large part of the
discussion here should centre on the implementation of the designs,
but I'm sure all topics will be covered.

Go. Discuss. Hurry.

Cheers,
Tara