[i18n] 1st post?!?

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Dec 11 08:22:48 CST 2008

Hi Folks!

;-P

Just checking in on the i18n list.  It will be, as always, interesting to see where this leads!  Initial directions seem to include 'classical' i18n items like not demanding that the rest of the world conform to silly US notions of the proper way to format telephone numbers and postal codes ... as well as an intriguing outreach attempt to market/develop/promote/establish a beachhead for the evolt experience on non-anglais fronts.  Mais Oui!!

This is a long way from my 'normal' experience with i18n.  Typically I have to explain to the clueless that the things they just connected to the "web stuff" (accounting, purchasing, etc.) are now broken because they were never configured or expected to be able to handle diacritical marks in text fields or search strings like customer name.  (It is a recurring nightmare.)

But I'm hoping we'll have Fun Fun Fun till her daddy takes the Deux Cheveaux awaaaaaay,

RonL.
(Some people are multi-lingual.  I'm fractionally lingual.  I understand about half of what I say.)