[i18n] translations

Volkan Özçelik volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 03:34:39 CST 2008

> Also, should translations become a somewhat regular feature, it might be
> nice to have a way to note the translators name,

It is already done, I think:

Here is a quote from a translated article:
"
Oorspronkelijke titel (original title): Top 10 Lies told by
Clients<http://evolt.org/top-10-lies-told-by-clients>
Nederlandse vertaling: Marcel
Feenstra<http://www.marcelfeenstra.com/about.html>
 "

Another thing: We should have separate places for translated articles.
Let me clarify myself:
for above mentioned article (top 10 lies told by clients), the original url
for the Turkish translated article would be something like:

http://evolt.org/tr/top-10-lies-told-by-clients/

or better (in terms of SEO and semantics)

http://tr.evolt.org/musteriler-tarafindan-en-cok-soylenen-10-yalan/

where

http://tr.evolt.org/ would point to *all* Turkish articles
http://de.evolt.org/ would point to *all German articles and so on.

If I am seeking a Turkish article, I'd prefer skimming all Turkish articles
at a glance to browsing a multi-lingual soup.

Am I incorrect?

Cheers,
--
Volkan Ozcelik