[i18n] American English to British English

Volkan Özçelik volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 03:41:53 CST 2008

> Yes, it seems like the w3c tends to go with American English, doesn't it.
> http://www.w3.org/TR/ws-i18n-scenarios/

Also most eastern countries use American English as per education language.
For example the top three universites in Turkey (Bogazici University, Middle
East Technical University and Bilkent University) both use US text books in
their education, as far as I know.

So, imho although British English is the foundation of English, American
variant is most widely used throughout the globe.
Though, I don't have statistical data to back up my words; I'll let you know
if I find any.

Cheers,
--
Volkan Ozcelik