[Javascript] javascript object

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 7 06:55:22 CDT 2001

>    Could anyone tell me how to "destruct" a javascript object?

Try objName = null;

Not sure if it works always, though, yesterday I tried document.images =
null; and that wasn't allowed. document.images is a native object, though,
so I suppose you can delete your own objects.

>Also, do objects last when the user enters another page or are they
>destroyed?

If a page unloads all JavaScript objects are destroyed. The common
workaround is to store certain variables in the frameset, if present. If you
don't have a frameset either you cannot store anything.

ppk