[Javascript] reload calling page

Michael Mehlmann mailing_list at gmx.at
Tue Aug 7 12:15:43 CDT 2001

> If I'm on a page that shows clicks for a link, I would know that if I
> click
> on that link the count should go up by one.

I'm with you, but you would not know about percentages (of the referer, the
Browser, the Client's IP ...)

> Anyhow, there must be something else wrong because NS 4.x should recognize
> the method.

Well, I also think so - do you know a page, that does a reload(), so I can
check with my NS4??

> Don't understand <? echo $url; ?> in meta tag ...

this is how you do HTML-redirects (http://www.uga.edu/help/redirect.html)
and <? echo $url;?> is PHP-code (sorry, I forgot to mention it), that
inserts the URL, where I want to go!!!

> ... but AFAIK it
> appears that the click-statistics are not the only thing that is dynamic.
> If
> I read the code correctly it is for page2 and it would cause the page to
> continually refresh

that is not my problem!

> and in NS 4.x would not get a chance to fire the
> onUnload.
> If NS 6 gets focus then code page1 to test for the various browser
> versions
> and set a flag to know when page2 has 'reloaded' page1.

that is possible - but I want to make as less as possible
extra-browser-coding ...

> Since you are generating these pages on a server, maybe you should rethink
> the whole process.

I thought about it ;-)
can't find another solution :-(

thanks
Michael

--
Aufgepasst - jetzt viele 1&1 New WebHosting Pakete ohne
Einrichtungsgebuehr + 1 Monat Grundgebuehrbefreiung!