[Javascript] status bar

hormuz maloo hormuz.maloo at kotak.com
Thu Aug 9 01:07:19 CDT 2001

Thanks Peter, Michael and Bob for your responses. Peter, you're right. I
can't switch it off.

Bob, as to why I do not want the message to show even thought we're linking
to another site, it is because we're paying them lots of dough to use their
data. It's not an honorary link. I could simply ask them to ftp the data to
us, store it on our servers and display it from there, but it seemed
convenient to simply link to their databases. Just wish there was some way
to stop the message in the status bar from appearing....but I guess it's not
so important.

Thanks guys,

Hormuz

>Can somebody please help me with this. I have a link on my page that
>accesses a page on an external server. Therefore, whenever that link is
>clicked, the status bar displays a message which says, "connecting to site
>xyz.com". How do I stop that message coming in the status bar?

>You can't. Although you can influence this text by window.status while the
>browser is at your page, as soon as a link to another site is clicked the
>browser is not at your page any more, so you can't influence it.

>ppk

>your link has to look something like:
>onMouseOver="self.status='Showthis'; return true"
onMouseOut="self.status=''; return true">