[Javascript] Re: Popup window from an anchor

phumes1 at home.com phumes1 at home.com
Thu Aug 9 08:00:40 CDT 2001

Within my html file I could have hundreds of footnotes references.
Presently these are all at the end of my file. If you click on the footnote
"3" it jumps to that reference at the end of the file.

Example:

Taxpayers will continue to seek minimization
strategies and <B>loopholes</B><A NAME="foot3"></A><A HREF="#ftnote3"><SUP>
3</SUP></A> in the
system. Hence, policy-makers will want to close these loopholes with yet
more complex rules and definitions.

What I would like to do is be able to click on the superior figure "3" and
have a popup window appear with the footnote text
in the window rather than jumping to the end of the file.

Does that make sense?