[Javascript] Re: Popup window from an anchor

Joseph Davis jdavis at anteon.com
Thu Aug 9 09:57:59 CDT 2001

How about something like what's below.  You'ld also want to put in some window.close() statements.  You pass the file you are reading into the pop-up window.

< HTML>
< HEAD>
< TITLE></title>
< SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
function newwindow(page) {
myPage = window.open(page, "secondwindow", "toolbar=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=no,width=150,height=250,top=100,left=200,screenX=100,screenY=200");
}
< /Script>
< /head>
< BODY>
Taxpayers will continue to seek minimization strategies and < B>loopholes</B>< A NAME="foot3">< /A><a href="JavaScript: newwindow('./myfile.html#foot3')">< SUP>
3< /SUP>< /A> in the
system. Hence, policy-makers will want to close these loopholes with yet
more complex rules and definitions.

< /body>
< /html>

hth,
Joe

>>> phumes1 at home.com 8/9/01 6:00:40 AM >>>

Within my html file I could have hundreds of footnotes references.
Presently these are all at the end of my file. If you click on the footnote
"3" it jumps to that reference at the end of the file.

Example:

Taxpayers will continue to seek minimization
strategies and <B>loopholes</B><A NAME="foot3"></A><A HREF="#ftnote3"><SUP>
3</SUP></A> in the
system. Hence, policy-makers will want to close these loopholes with yet
more complex rules and definitions.

What I would like to do is be able to click on the superior figure "3" and
have a popup window appear with the footnote text
in the window rather than jumping to the end of the file.

Does that make sense?