[Javascript] Window names

Esther_Strom at hmco.com Esther_Strom at hmco.com
Tue Aug 14 14:32:27 CDT 2001

This is my openWin function.

function openWin(url,winName,width,height,options){
    var winHeight = parseInt(height);
    var winWidth = parseInt(width) + 15;
    var winOptions
= "location=no,toolbar=no,menubar=yes,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes";
    popupWin = window.open(url,winName,'width=' + winWidth + ',height='+
winHeight +','+winOptions);
}

There is absolutely no way I can have a new window variable for every
window I need to open - I use this function in dozens of places.

Esther

                    "Peter Brunone"
                    <peter at brunone.co        To:     <javascript at LaTech.edu>
                    m>                       cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     Re: [Javascript] Window names
                    javascript-admin@
                    LaTech.edu

                    08/14/01 02:26 PM
                    Please respond to
                    javascript

Esther,

    In your openWin function, are you assigning the window.open to the same
variable each time?