[Javascript] Help please on passing a parameter value

Herzner, Daniel DHerzner at andorcap.com
Thu Aug 16 17:28:30 CDT 2001

Hi all, I have a situation where I need to pass a value (it's for a database
search) through to an .asp page which loads into a pop-up window. When
testing I would hard code the search value and it gets passed through
correctly:

onclick="javascript:Start(\'http://ctintranet.mysite.com/EmployeeSearchForm.
asp?employee=fred\')"

However, when I try to pass the value dynamically, nothing happens. The
window doesn't even pop-up:

onclick="javascript:Start(\'http://ctintranet.mysite.com/EmployeeSearchForm.
asp?employee="\+document.all.empsrchPrm.value\')"

Can someone please tell me where I'm going wrong. Thanx everyone.

Daniel Herzner
203-429-2294
dherzner at pequotcap.com
pickledpunk at usa.com