[Javascript] getting text from another page

Andrew Gibson andyg at ihug.co.nz
Mon Aug 20 14:37:00 CDT 2001

 > I need to grab some text from one HTML page and put it on another.
 >
 > The text conveniently sits inbetween some tags called <!--
 > lymmtemp --> <!-- lymmtempend -->
 >
 > How do I go about getting this text on another html page?
 >
 > ( the text I need is a temperature reading which is shown here:
 > http://www.lymm.net/webcam/temperature.html )

You could:
If on your domain use FSO.

On another domain, try XMLHTTP to get the full file and parse out the bits
you want and read them into the page before the page loads. I use it to
check for broken links on a site.

If you want to do it after the page loads, look into remote scripting.

Andrew Gibson