[Javascript] innerHTML

Esther_Strom at hmco.com Esther_Strom at hmco.com
Thu Aug 23 15:46:36 CDT 2001

I will keep my opinions of Microsoft to myself in an attempt to avoid
starting a war, but that statement isn't just misleading, it's flat-out
wrong. There's an article on MSDN (one of many, I'm sure) about
data-binding that uses innerHTML. The date on the article
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndude/html/dude1103.asp)?

 November 1997, well before IE5 became available.

Maybe your article meant that the property is accessible other times in
previous versions, but only available at runtime in IE5. Who knows?

                    "Cutter Bl"
                    <cutterbl at hotmail        To:     javascript at LaTech.edu
                    .com>                    cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     Re: [Javascript] innerHTML
                    javascript-admin@
                    LaTech.edu

                    08/23/01 03:26 PM
                    Please respond to
                    javascript

Sorry Esther, I should never read what Microsoft says (buncha rotten....).
MSDN is not always very clear...

     This property is accessible at run time, as of Microsoft® Internet
     Explorer 5. Removing elements at run time, before the closing tag is
     parsed, could prevent other areas of the document from rendering.

The statement is a bit misleading.

Cutter
Falcon Knives