[Javascript] thumbnails displayed on one html page

Dave schemer at cyou.com
Fri Dec 7 20:20:48 CST 2001

Hi,
    I am not an expert so I have come to find help on an operation I
have seen work, but cannot get it to work for me. I want to display
pictures created with thumbnails with the output going to a single html
page so I can retain my background to match my website. This is opposed
to the full sized image being displayed on a white background and in the
upper left hand corner. I have heard of a "?" extension (in html 4.01)
being applied to an html document in the URL address with everything
being set after a "?" in a document, accessable from javascript in the
opened document. You can then use it to send the filename of the image
to be opened on that page. Does anybody know how to do that?
Thanks,
Dave